In-House Check Printing For CPAs & Bookkeepers
I. Our "Instant" Culture
Many business owners have what I call a “Fed-Ex” mode of operation - they absolutely have to have it now! And amazingly, you can now get almost anything without waiting.
Fast food, quick insurance quotes, quick printing, quick shipping. Increasingly we are a people of "instant" demands.
One comedian joked about putting instant coffee in a microwave and almost going back in time!
But there is one thing that you cannot get quickly - checks. If you need checks you typically have to wait 10-14 days. And if you accidentally run out of checks, well, good luck. Sure you could pay rush fees and expedited shipping, but you're probably still looking at a 3 day wait. There has to be a better way!
II. Do People Still Write Checks?
You might rightly ask, "Do many business still use checks?" Even though other forms of payment have come into play, check writing is very much alive and well. According to the Federal Reserve, American businesses and consumers wrote 21 billion checks in 2012.
On March 10, 2014, the Wall Street Journal published an article entitled: U.S. Companies Cling To Writing Checks.
In the article they note that even though we may pay for many things with our smart phones, PayPal or even bitcoins, they said, “But for American businesses, the old-fashioned paper check remains the preferred payment method.”
They cited these reasons:
- Comfort with the check system: “Businesses know the check system works. It's been around for a long time, and they feel very comfortable with it.”
- Easy of use: “Checks also remain popular with U.S. companies because they are easy to use.”
- Better for bookkeeping: “Checks can make life easier for corporate treasurers because they contain more information than many e-payments, allowing businesses to quickly match payments and invoices.”
"For American businesses, the old-fashioned paper check
remains the preferred payment method.”
The Federal Reserve published a report in 2013 wherein they stated, “Paper check writing continues to persist as a significant portion of non-cash payments.”
III. Viability of On-Demand Check PrintingLet’s explore these 3 questions:
- Is there a place for on-demand check printing?
- What would be the benefits for you?
- What are the benefits for your customers?
1). ON-DEMAND CHECK PRINTING
Computers and laser printers changed the printing industry. So much so that some traditional printing businesses are long gone. Times change and so must we in order to stay viable in the marketplace.
With the availability of software programs like ours, along with high-quality check stock and MICR toner cartridges, high-quality checks can now be printed reliably and affordably - and to the point, very quickly.
You don't need a huge outlay of cash to get started with in-house check printing. You probably already have most of what you need - computers, printers, employees, and most importantly, business customers who need to buy checks.
2). BENEFITS FOR YOU
Probably the first question is, “Is there money to be made as a check provider? Looking at our Cost Comparison you can see that there is money to be made - even when competing with other check providers like Costco. And it's not a labor-intensive process - very little time is required to setup and print your customers’ checks.
Consider A Typical Check Setup
Your average customer will want Quickbooks® style checks. We have a pre-made template for that (the software comes with over 50 check templates). Let your customer pick a font and the placement of a stock or custom logo. They select a check paper color. Your enter their address, routing and account number the bank's info and print. You’re done.
Stand Out From The Rest
Business people are busy people. By offering the unique service of in-house check printing, you save them time and make things more convenient. By offering on-demand check printing, you will enjoy a steady source of income, and enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
When it comes to selling products, supplying what people already want to buy, but doing it better, cheaper or faster is good positioning. Your business customers are buying checks from someone. Shouldn't that someone should be you?
3). BENEFITS FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
What benefits would on-demand check printing provide your customers? To put it succinctly, getting checks fast, conveniently at affordable, competitive pricing! And when one of your customers runs out of checks (and some invariably will), you’ll be there to "save the day.” What a great way to build customer loyalty.
IV. Why You Should Consider Us
We think Knappster Solutions CheckPrintshop™ system would be a great choice to provide the tools and supplies you need to provide on-demand check printing.
Some Of Our Stand-Out Features
- We offer both Windows and Macintosh versions of our software.
- Our software uses an up-to-date a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface.
- We offer the best looking check papers in the industry and MICR toner that is fine-tuned to each printer model.
- We publish our very affordable prices. None of our competitors do, some simply say that it’s possible to recoup your investment within a years’ time. With our system you might recoup the price of the software with half a dozen orders!
- Finally and most importantly, we offer exceptional customer care. See out About Us page to read what people say about us.